Fine jewelry is a precious possession
that is designed and crafted to last a lifetime.
However, proper care is required to assure its lasting qualities.
Here are some guidelines for the care and cleaning of your fine jewelry.
– Keep jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers. If you prefer to use ordinary boxes, wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper.
– Don’t jumble jewelry in a drawer or jewelry case. Pieces can scratch each other.
– Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can easily go down the drain.
– Visit Kelly Jewelry at least once a year to have your jewelry checked for loose prongs, worn mountings, and general wear and tear.
– Visit Kelly Jewelry every six months to have your jewelry professionally cleaned.
– There are many types of ultrasonic cleaners on the market that will clean jewelry in minutes using high-frequency sound. They can be a convenient way to quickly clean your jewelry at home. However, ultrasonic cleaners can damage some jewelry and prolonged use may loosen gemstones from their mountings.